Ayurveda is a 5,000-year-old system of natural healing that has its origins in the Vedic culture of India. More than a mere system of treating illness, Ayurveda is a science of life (Ayur = life, Veda = science or knowledge). Providing guidelines on ideal daily and seasonal routines, diet, behaviour and the proper use of our senses, Ayurveda reminds us that health is the balanced and dynamic integration between our environment, body, mind, and spirit.
WHAT IS PANCHKARMA & ITS MERITS
Panchakarma is a mind-body healing process for detoxifying the body, strengthening the immune system, and restoring balance and well-being. It is designed to facilitate the removal of deep-rooted stresses and toxins from the human body. Panchakarma is a five-fold therapy; it is highly individualized based on the needs of the individual depending on the Ayurvedic constitutional type and present state of balance/imbalance (doshic imbalances), age, Physical, mental and digestive strength, immune status, and many other factors. Stress, environmental pollutants and poor lifestyle choices create a toxic load on the body that — if left in the tissues and bloodstream — results in poor health and disease manifestation. Panchakarma reverses this degenerative process quickly and its effects are often profound and long-lasting.
Some benefits of Panchakarma:
- Helps restore metabolic power.
- Eliminates toxins, strengthens tissue functions.
- Helps balance all three doshas.
- Improves mental clarity and sensory perception, awareness and forgiveness .
- Reduces dependence on alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
- Helps implement healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Reduces stress, improves relaxation & tolerance.
- Slows the ageing process and increases the lifespan.
- Increases the skin’s glow, luster and immunity.
- Boosts body immunity and energy level.
- Improves strength, endurance, energy and vitality.
Most of the external toxins that enter our body are fat (lipid)-soluble, and if the liver is unable to break them down, they deposit in tissues all over the body. The preparation process (purvakarma) of panchakarma consists of “internal oleation”(snehanam), the process of ingesting ghee or a vegetable oil in increasing amounts for a series of days.This moves toxins to your lymphatic system and will bring your body into fat metabolism mode. You start burning fat cells, which is where most of the toxins hide out. So fat-soluble toxins/ama are liquefied and then removed from the body through the process of panchakarma.